From insurance to forms, see what we can do to help!
Everything You Need For Your First Dental Appointment
It’s our goal to make your visit with Smile Surfers as convenient as possible. We’ll do our best to accommodate your budget needs by accepting:
- Major Credit Cards
For the convenience of our patients, we accept most major insurance plans and are PPO providers for most carriers.
What to expect at your child's first dental visit
A Friendly Greeting
Walk through our doors and our dental team will greet you and your little surfer with big smiles. We’ll be ready to answer any questions you may have.
Once your child feels welcomed to his or her new dental home, we’ll take x-rays, conduct a professional cleaning, and discuss your child’s oral and overall health. Don’t be surprised if your Surf Instructor talks about the importance of diet and total wellness.
A Warm Welcome to the Smile Surfers Family
Start Good Habits Early
Get the Answers.
First Dental Visit F.A.Q.
It's my child's first dental visit. Do you have any tips to make it a positive experience for them?
Don’t worry! Follow these tips to help make your child’s dental visits a roaring success!
- Use positive speech when talking about the dentist.
- Accompany your children at their dental visits.
- Help your child recognize the dentist as his or her “dental home.”
- The less “fuss” the better. It’s best to tell your child about a dental visit the day of the appointment.
- If your child wants more information about the dentist, explain to them that the doctor will look at his/her teeth to make sure they are healthy.
- Make sure that your child is well rested the day of the appointment.
- Don’t threaten a visit to the dentist as a form a punishment for bad behavior.
- Be a good role model by practicing excellent oral hygiene routine in front of the kiddos.
Remember: Dental visits are part of growing up. You shouldn’t offer rewards or indicate in any way that there is anything to fear.
Will I be able to accompany my child during his or her appointment?
Are dental x-rays safe
My child is having a dental emergency. What should I do?
If your child is experiencing a dental emergency, please call our nearest office and our team will do everything possible to get your child in right away.
- Call our Richland office: (509) 946-9999
- Call our Kennewick office: (509) 581-4455
For more information, including instructions on what to do, check out our Emergency Dentistry page.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
Smile Surfers does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Translation services are available; we provide language assistance services (free of charge) to those who need it.